My friend in muesli had this delicious recipe for crunchy muesli. She was so nice to email me the recipe and I already made 2 large batches. She uses gluten free oats because her body doesn’t like too much gluten but I did it with regular oats.
I bought all the seeds and oats at Wholefood because they have this area where you can take the amount you need from a container and put it in a bag or small container. Very handy when you only need a small amount not a big bag. You can also choose from different spices.
Ingredients you need for 750 grams of muesli:
- 500 gr whole oats
- 50 gr sunflower seeds
- 50 gr pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon golden linseed or sesam
- 85 gr almonds
- 80 gr agave sirop
- 4 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- hand full of dried abricots or coconut flakes or cranberries (choose what you like)
How you make it:
- Pre heat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Take a large bowl and add the oats, sunflower oil, agave sirop, cinnamon and linseed or sesam. Mix it well together.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with grease free paper. I split it into 2 batches.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the oats are gold brown. Take out the oven, toss the mixture and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the seeds and almonds.
- When the oats are golden brown add the seeds and almonds (if you did it in 2 batches, add only half of them). Bake for another 8 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool. When cooled add the dried fruit and/or the coconut flakes.
- Do the second batch in the same way.
- In an air tide container the crunchy muesli will stay good for 3 month.