I am a girl that spends a lot of time in the morning applying make up. Most of the time I use a moisturiser, BB cream, pencil line on top of my eye lit and below and top it of with some mascara. When I am in the mood I might use my eyeliner and a blush. That’s it.
My sister was in London a few weeks ago and she looked so healthy and had great eye brows. How does she do it. So I asked and she showed me (and you) how she applies her make up.
First the before picture. I hesitated to publish this picture because my eyes look so old and tired. That’s why I decided to add a smaller pictures of the before eyes.
The orange shades in the corner of the eyes isn’t eye shadow. Its my own and totally natural. I find it rather special.
After applying the BB cream my sister started with the make up.
These are the products that we used:
1. Estee Lauder mascara / 2. Blush from Catrice / 3. Lipstick Rimmel nr 128 ‘Starry Eyed’ / 4. Estee Lauder BB Cream / 5. Eye shadows mid brown (yellow star) and dark brown (blue star) / 6. Mat highlighter by Catrice / 7. Tweezerman / 8. Mac liquid fine liner / 9. and 10. eye shadow brushes / 11. eye brow pencil and brush
Here are the steps:
- Put some highlighter with a firm small brush in the eye corner and just under the eye brows
- A light pink eye shadow on the eye lids
- With a mid brown eye shadow you draw the arcade bow with a small brush
- Put some dark brown eye shadow in the outside corners and blend it upwards (round movements towards the highlight)
- Use a eye brow brush to shape your eye brows. Colour them gently with a brow pencil. At the end use the brush again
- Draw a fine line eyeliner as close as you can to your lashes. Stop a little further then half way. My sister used the Mac liquid fine liner
- Apply the mascara in several layers until you have long and full lashes
- A pinky blush on my cheeks to give me some health
- To complete the picture, a light layer of lipstick applied with a lip pencil (Rimmel nut 128 ‘Starry Eyed’)
Here are some pictures we made during the process.
I was very pleased with the result and a few days later I bought an eye brow pencil and brush. On my shopping list is a highlighter and some brown eye shadow. I loved the look and keep on trying to re-create it. Thank you Isabelle.