If you don’t like cauliflower, this recipe is not for you. If you do, keep on reading. It has a red/orange/pink kind of colour and taste of cauliflower but with a hint of sweet pepper. Most of the ingredients are probably already in your kitchen, only the cumin might not be a everyday go to herb. I had cumin seeds in my pantry but I think it would be better to use the grounded version.
Give it a go and let me know if you like it (or not).
Ingredients you need (4 persons):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 glove of garlic (minced)
- 1 red pepper (small dices)
- 1 potato (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups of cauliflower (small pieces)
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pepper and parmesan for serving
How do you make it:
- Add the oil, pepper and garlic in pan and fry them on a medium heat until the pepper is soft.
- Add the potato, cauliflower, stock, milk, bay leaf, coriander, cumin and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and boil it on a low heat for 15 minutes (until the potato and cauliflower are soft).
- Let it cool a bit. Blend it with a hand mixer until smooth. I was going for a very smooth soup so I also used a sieve to take out all the small bits.
- Re-heat your soup and add pepper and a pinch of parmesan (to your taste).